Powerhouse of the Shoulder Girdle
23 Jun 2019 9.30am - 11.30am
Venue: Comoshambhala Urban Escape
Priced at $120. Early bird discount of 10% available
For future bookings and enquiries, please use the Contact form
This workshop focuses on the shoulder girdle, the shoulder mechanics and their function. A strong, stable and supportive shoulder girdle is essential for our daily functional activities, particularly when we are engaging in higher intensity workload.
Shoulder-related issues are among the most frequently encountered problems experienced by clients and they can have an adverse effect on our posture and range of motion.
Concepts and exercises include:
1. head, neck and shoulder placement
2. strengthening muscles related to neck, shoulders and upper back to achieve dynamic stability for support around joints and dynamic mobility for coordinated movement
3. alignment of upper and lower body and their relationship
4. importance of breathing and breathing techniques
5. stretches to release pain and tension