How to train your core effectively with Pilates
1 Mar 2020 9.30am - 11.30am
Venue: Comoshambhala Urban Escape
Priced at $160. Early bird discount of 10% available.
For future bookings and enquiries, please use the Contact form.
This workshop is suitable for all movement and sports enthusiasts who are looking to improve their core strength and gain stability and endurance to support movement. Learn how to use different groups of muscles in weight bearing exercises that target the upper and lower body.
Concepts and exercises include:
1. the role of the shoulder girdle
- the importance of upper body strength flexibility to support trunk movement
2. the importance and role of the pelvic girdle as a weight rearing anatomy and how it supports lower body movement
3. the different planes of movement and how to strengthen your core in these planes
4. understanding muscular slings and the role they play in coordination to gain optimal technique and conditioning
5. prevention of injuries and working with post-injury situation.